Go Back   Anime Forum > Blogs > Silly Seadragon Things

My Blog, such as it is. I'll basically post whatever I want here. I'll try to make a daily entry, but some days I just don't know, you know?
Rate this Entry

Egyptian mythology stuff~! Set

Posted 03-29-2015 at 02:08 AM by Alzoru Ledura


Headcanon and explaination time! During the new Kingdom Era, Set, formerly Ra's bodyguard and generally revered as a benign being, was suddenly demonized and made into the ultimate enemy of Egypt. The real reason for it was that Egypt was at war with foreigners. No Mythological reason was ever given, so I made a headcanon.

After many centuries of protecting Ra from Apep on his golden boat, Set got sick of Apep's crap and decided to eat him alive. At first, this seemed like a good solution, but the next night, Set found himself doubling over in pain, his body undergoing a horrid transformation. Apep had now become part of him, and was taking control of Set's body and mind. Set tried to fight it, but could not. In the dark of night, Apep was supreme. However, during the day, Apep's power was weakened and Set could (mostly) be himself again.
Posted in Fandom related!
Views 1558 Comments 10
Total Comments 10

Comments

  1. New Comment
    Jcoss's Avatar
    interesting what other Egyptian myths do you have?
    Posted 03-30-2015 at 01:14 AM by Jcoss Jcoss is offline
  2. New Comment
    Alzoru Ledura's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jcoss View Comment
    interesting what other Egyptian myths do you have?
    I'll let you know If I think of more
    Posted 03-30-2015 at 04:06 PM by Alzoru Ledura Alzoru Ledura is offline
  3. New Comment
    Jcoss's Avatar
    I'm always interested in myths. do you know any Japanese myths? if not maybe I can tell you one.
    Posted 03-30-2015 at 11:54 PM by Jcoss Jcoss is offline
  4. New Comment
    Alzoru Ledura's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jcoss View Comment
    I'm always interested in myths. do you know any Japanese myths? if not maybe I can tell you one.
    I know veeeeeeery little in Japanese myths. Greek Myth is my strongest suit.
    Posted 03-31-2015 at 04:02 PM by Alzoru Ledura Alzoru Ledura is offline
  5. New Comment
    Jcoss's Avatar
    same here, I know a lot of Greek mythology, I know quite a bit about Norse Mythology as well.

    here is the Japanese creation myth
    Izunagi and Izunami conduct a mating dance but since it's the male's job to lead it, it failed because Izunami took the lead, so on the 2nd try Izunami backed down and let Izunagi lead the dance in which they successfully wed, and through this the 7 islands of Japan where born, eventually Izunami died and went to Yumi, missing her Izunagi journeyed into Yumi to bring Izunami back, but he was told that he must not look at Izunami while in Yumi, breaking the promise you looked at Izunami and saw her beauty was gone, he then ran from her with Izunami giving pursuit, once he made it out of Yumi, Izunagi blocked the entrance. Izunam cursing Izunagi, vowed that 200 lives will perish every year from now on, where Izunagi countered by saying that he will bring into being 250 lives every year, now that he escaped he goes to wash the filth from his face, and from that Tsukiyomi(the moon), Ameterasu(the Sun), and Susano'o(the Storm) where born.
    Posted 03-31-2015 at 11:26 PM by Jcoss Jcoss is offline
  6. New Comment
    Alzoru Ledura's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jcoss View Comment
    same here, I know a lot of Greek mythology, I know quite a bit about Norse Mythology as well.

    here is the Japanese creation myth
    Izunagi and Izunami conduct a mating dance but since it's the male's job to lead it, it failed because Izunami took the lead, so on the 2nd try Izunami backed down and let Izunagi lead the dance in which they successfully wed, and through this the 7 islands of Japan where born, eventually Izunami died and went to Yumi, missing her Izunagi journeyed into Yumi to bring Izunami back, but he was told that he must not look at Izunami while in Yumi, breaking the promise you looked at Izunami and saw her beauty was gone, he then ran from her with Izunami giving pursuit, once he made it out of Yumi, Izunagi blocked the entrance. Izunam cursing Izunagi, vowed that 200 lives will perish every year from now on, where Izunagi countered by saying that he will bring into being 250 lives every year, now that he escaped he goes to wash the filth from his face, and from that Tsukiyomi(the moon), Ameterasu(the Sun), and Susano'o(the Storm) where born.
    Wow, Izunagi is really shallow :/
    Posted 04-01-2015 at 04:02 AM by Alzoru Ledura Alzoru Ledura is offline
  7. New Comment
    Jcoss's Avatar
    there is also the myth about Susano'o and the Orochi.
    Posted 04-01-2015 at 11:56 PM by Jcoss Jcoss is offline
  8. New Comment
    Alzoru Ledura's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jcoss View Comment
    there is also the myth about Susano'o and the Orochi.
    I feel like I have heard that one
    Posted 04-02-2015 at 12:24 AM by Alzoru Ledura Alzoru Ledura is offline
  9. New Comment
    Jcoss's Avatar
    it's similar to the Hercules vs the Hydra Myth from Greek Mythology
    Posted 04-03-2015 at 01:02 AM by Jcoss Jcoss is offline
  10. New Comment
    Alzoru Ledura's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jcoss View Comment
    it's similar to the Hercules vs the Hydra Myth from Greek Mythology
    Neat~! Thank you for sharing~!
    Posted 04-07-2015 at 01:00 AM by Alzoru Ledura Alzoru Ledura is offline
 

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
www.animeforum.org.uk